Road Traffic Accidents

It is estimated that there are over 300,000 injuries caused by car accidents every year, with the majority of these road traffic accidents being caused by human error. Many of these injuries will result in car accident claims being made.

Whether you are the driver, a passenger, on a motorcycle, a cyclist or a pedestrian that has been involved in a road traffic accident, if the accident was not your fault, you may be able to make a no win no fee claim for any personal injuries that you have suffered as a result of the accident.

All cars and other motor vehicles are required by law to have insurance to protect against any road traffic accidents that occur.  Therefore if you are involved in a road traffic accident, the first thing you should do is exchange insurance details with the other party, as your claim for personal injury will be made against the insurance company of the third party.

With some road traffic accidents there may not be an insurance company to claim personal injury compensation from.  For example, if you are involved in a road traffic accident involving an uninsured driver, or are involved in an accident where the other driver has driven off (i.e. a hit and run accident).  In these circumstances you may still be able to make a road accident claim through the Motor Insurers Bureau (MIB).

What to do if you are involved in a road traffic accident

As with all personal injury claims, in order to make a successful road accident claim, you would first need to prove that another person was at fault for the accident which has caused your personal injury.

To help prove that another person was responsible for your road traffic accident, and your subsequent injuries, it is a good idea to try to make a note of the names, addresses and telephone numbers of any witnesses to the accident.  It can also benefit road accident claims if you are able to take some photographs of the scene of the accident, such as the location of the cars, any skidmarks on the road, etc.

If anybody involved in the road traffic accident has been seriously injured or if the third party driver leaves the scene, has no valid insurance, or appears to be driving under the influence of alcohol or any other substance, you should contact the Police immediately to report the accident.

North Solicitors
9 Chiswick Court,
Chiswick Grove,
Telephone: 01253 200300
Fax 01253 405706
Claim Types
How to Claim
Contact Us
North Solicitors is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. SRA Number 591615
North Solicitors is a trading name of North Solicitors Limited. A Company registered in England and Wales under Registration No. 8347510
Click to view: the SRA Code of Conduct